Monday, March 3, 2008

Project Runway the great wasteland

I just saw this show for the first time today, what a disaster. I'm all for interesting and entertaining TV. My problem with this show is there is no distinction for where fantasy and reality cross the line. I think the average Joe watches this crap and believes this is how you conduct yourself in the world. I know Simon Cowell has made a name for himself for being direct in his analysis of the singers on American Idol, however there is a fine line between straight talk and being a jerk. Heidi Klum is another insult waiting to happen. The contestants on the show put themselves out there, they don't need an arrogant smart ass putting them down. Straight talk is not berating or humiliating people for ratings. There is a way to honor peoples humanity and still give them an accurate representation for how they occur in the world. They could actually do a service for people. Instead it is sell out of the human spirit just for ratings. I felt ill just watching this show.

People watch this garbage and think this is how I am supposed to be with people in my life and relate with people to get ahead. If this is where you learn your model for interacting with people, you wont have to many friends in about six months.

My advice read a book or go to the gym. Project runway has no socially redeeming value that I can tell. I feel bad for the people they use that go on this show.

No comments: