Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My experience with Expedia

From previous posts you will recall that a car that I reserved online through Europcar with Expedia ended up being just about double after it was all said and done. The final cost could only be determined in Dublin at the Airport where I was informed about all the extra stuff that I was not told about on the website. The biggest scam is the insurance. In Ireland you are required to have car insurance. My American Express did not cover it. Most places it does however. I called today to make a complaint. I got a $50 travel certificate for my efforts. Big deal, I paid over $700 to rent a car in Ireland for 5 days. I should have just bought the car for the week.

When on the Expedia website for rental cars, just be aware that there may be other expenses.

No comments: